26 Aug S2 E22 How to Know You’re Doing a Good Job
Posted at 19:16h in Uncategorized
- Sometimes it’s hard to gauge how you’re doing. You have to look for clues and ways to measure.
- One of the goals of this podcast is to help listeners learn to recognize some of the clues.
- Don’t be afraid of feedback. Often feedback means there is going to be another “next time” project.
- If your clients, past and present, begin to refer you for work, that’s one way to know you’re doing a good job.
- Anonymous/third party surveys can provide valuable feedback.
- Just because things don’t go perfectly doesn’t mean you didn’t do a good job. See #3.
- Take constructive criticism gracefully, but don’t let negativism become pervasive.
- When a client says, “Oh, thank you for doing that,” it often means you took care of a challenge for them.