19 Jul S2 E17: Creatives Need to Learn to Edit
Posted at 20:05h in Uncategorized
- Editing is not just about words. Sometimes you need to edit ideas, production plans and event decor.
- Sometimes less is more. Choose an element and use it to accentuate the purpose.
- Some of the ways creatives can edit include: asking yourself which one of the choices has the most merit? Your budget can dictate what goes away. If it’s expected, get rid of it. Take away anything that poses a significant challenge in time, energy and money IF it still won’t be what you want it to be in the end.
- Collaborate with other creatives and see what they value.
- Run ideas by your clients and observe their reaction.
- Ask yourself, “where is the biggest bang for our buck?”
- Look closer at anything that doesn’t contribute to telling your story or the purpose of your event. If it doesn’t move the needle, edit.
Give us your feedback!